Kettlebell exercises are widely known to be extremely effective as these workouts involve nearly each core muscle present in the body. It helps to build the upper body as well as strong arms and legs. It strengthens the core muscles and aids one to lose weight in a healthy way.
Today, kettlebell training is very popular and is one of the common training tools employed by professional trainers and athletes. This is mainly because of the following three reasons:
• Most common kettlebell workouts are ballistic movements that aid the body in developing power and explosiveness.
• The movements are done using major groups of muscles and this teaches the body to move as a single unit.
• Kettlebell training is good for conditioning and permits one to train both anaerobic and aerobic systems in a single workout. A study conducted by in America revealed that a kettlebell workout done for a period of 20 minutes burns around 21 calories per minute which is more intense when compared to other conventional methods of training.
The 3 kettlebell exercises to strengthen your core muscles are kettlebell swing, kettlebell snatch and kettlebell get-up.
Kettlebell swing is probably the most popular kettlebell exercise and is great to strengthen your core as well as trunk muscles. The simple movement also helps one to achieve a complete conditioning and also burn calories very fast. To perform this exercise:
1. Start by standing with your feet shoulder a distance apart and then hold the kettlebell tightly with both hands.
2. Bend your hips backwards and the swing the bell back between your legs.
3. Pause, then swing it explosively back up to your eye level.
4. Repeat the exercise for about 12-15 times.
Kettlebell snatch is one of the most powerful exercises that aim to develop power, cardio, muscle endurance and strength. To perform this exercise:
1. Start by standing with your should feet a distance apart while you maintain your toes at an angle of 30 degrees.
2. Using your right hand, hold the kettlebell while you bend the waist down, then swing it over your head in order to make a clean shift.
3. Continue with the swing and then create a reverse swing to go back to your original position.
4. Repeat the exercise for about 8-10 times.
Turkish Get Up
This is an artistic workout which requires the input of most body muscles. To perform the exercise:
1. Lie down while holding in your right hand a medium kettlebell, arm extended straight above your shoulder and the elbow locked.
2. Keeping the arm in an extended position and also looking up directly at the weight raise up on the left elbow while you bend your right knee.
3. Continue pushing up on the left hand as you traverse the left foot below the right leg.
4. Push up until a time when you are resting on your right foot and left knee while the arm is still extended directly up above the shoulder.
5. Continue until you are in an upright position, with the arm above the head.
6. Lower down the back in a similar way, arm extended, until you are lying on the floor.
7. Repeat the exercise for about 8-10 times before you switch sides.