When you train, beads of sweat fall from your skin and tumble to the ground, carrying with them minerals like sodium, potassium, calcium, and magnesium — all essential in promoting healthy muscle function.
Your options up till now to rehydrate? Water, which alone doesn’t replenish these essential nutrients. Or, syrupy drinks (whom we will not name) that pack on the fat you have worked so hard to burn.
But, what if there was a tasty, mineral-heavy, electrolyte-infused, and low-sugar alternative to these beverages?
Onnit’s Mineral Electrolytes helps maintain optimal fluid and electrolyte balance to keep fatigue at bay and is infused with just enough of the ideal carbohydrate source — palatinose.
MINERAL ELECTROLYTES WORK
Mineral Electrolytes is a low-sugar drink mix that promotes long-duration performance by maintaining optimal water and electrolyte balance. Electrolytes have been shown to affect athletic performance in several ways.
Sodium bicarbonate helped to stave off fatigue in swimmers in one trial and basketball players in another, and a 2013 study showed that it boosted work capacity among Brazilian jiu-jitsu and judo players.
Magnesium, which most people are deficient in, has been linked to strength gain. The Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition reported that subjects who took magnesium saw gains of 17.7% on their one-rep max bench press. Finally, a 2015 study reported that triathletes who supplemented with electrolytes had better finish times than those taking a placebo.
- SODIUM BICARBONATE – Delays fatigue by boosting the cells’ acid-buffering capacity.
- POTASSIUM – Essential mineral for both muscle and nervous system function.
- CALCIUM – Necessary for strong muscle contractions.
- MAGNESIUM – Associated with improved performance in basketball, handball, and volleyball, and most people don’t get enough.
- PALATINOSE – Non-GMO, low-glycemic sweetener derived from beets.